Timing of replacing the lamp
When the projection lamp of this projector reaches its end of life, the LAMP REPLACE indicator emits yellow light. If this indicator lights yellow, replace the lamp with a new one promptly. The time when the LAMP REPLACE indicator should light is depending on the lamp mode
Replacing the lamp for SANYO PLV-Z2000
- Allow the projector to cool, for at least 45 minutes before you open the lamp cover. The inside of the projector can become very hot.
- For continued safety, replace the lamp with the same type lamp. Do not drop the lamp or touch the glass bulb! The glass can shatter and may cause injury.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC power cord. Let the projector cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Loosen the screw that secures the lamp cover, and then 2 open the lamp cover.
- Loosen the two screws that secure the lamp. Pull out the lamp by using the built in handle.
- Replace the lamp with a new one and secure it with the two screws. Make sure that the lamp is set properly. Put the lamp cover back and secure it with the screw.
- Connect the AC power cord to the projector and turn on the projector.
- Reset the Lamp replacement counter.
Resetting the lamp timer
Be sure to reset the SANYO PLV-Z2000 lamp replacement counter after the lamp is replaced. When the lamp replacement counter is reset, the LAMP REPLACE indicator stops lighting.
- Turn the projector on and press the MENU button to display the On-Screen Menu. Select the Setting Menu with the Point buttons. Press the Point ➧ or OK buttons to access the submenu items.
- Select Lamp counter reset and then press the OK or Point ➧ buttons. “Lamp replacement counter reset?” appears. Select [Yes] and then press the OK button
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, and select [Yes] to 3 reset the Lamp replacement counter.
Reading the indicators
- When the projection lamp reaches its end of life, the Lamp Replace indicator lights yellow. When this indicator becomes yellow, replace the projection lamp with a new one promptly. Reset the Lamp replacement counter after replacing the lamp. The time when the LAMP REPLACE indicator should light is depending on the lamp mode.
- When the Power indicator is blinking red, the projection lamp is being cooled down. The projector cannot be turned on until cooling is completed.
- When the Power indicator is blinking red and the Lamp Replace indicator is blinking yellow, the lamp does not turn on because malfunction occurs or the lamp reaches its end of life.
Lamp Handling Precautions
This projector uses a high-pressure lamp which must be handled carefully and properly. Improper handling may result in accidents, injury, or create a fire hazard.
SANYO PLV-Z2000 lamp lifetime may differ from lamp to lamp and according to the environment of use. There is no guarantee of the same lifetime for each lamp. Some lamps may fail or terminate their lifetime in a shorter period of time than other similar lamps.
If the projector indicates that the lamp should be replaced, i.e., if the Lamp Replace indicator lights up, replace the lamp with a new one IMMEDIATELY after the projector has cooled down. (Follow carefully the instructions in the Lamp Replacement section of this manual.) Continuous use of the lamp with the Lamp Replace indicator lighted may increase the risk of lamp explosion.
A Lamp may explode as a result of vibration, shock or degradation as a result of hours of use as its lifetime draws to an end. Risk of explosion may differ according to the environment or conditions in which the projector and lamp for SANYO PLV-Z2000 are being used.