When can I order a bare bulb?Due to the higher price of a lamp with housing, some customers choose the bare bulb option so they can replace the burnt out bulb in the original lamp housing themselves. This is not always easy. Dismantling and reassembling the lamp housing can be quite a demanding task, and it is necessary to handle the new bulb only while wearing gloves. Additionally, you may sometimes encounter further complications, for example, when the bulb connectors are firmly attached to the old bulb and therefore you must find a way to connect them to the new bulb. For this reason, we recommend that bare bulbs are purchased only by technicians, service engineers, and DIY specialists, and not regular home users.
Why should I disassemble the lamp housing before ordering?Before ordering a bare bulb, we recommend that you dismantle the original lamp housing for the following two reasons:
- To find out how difficult it will be to change the bulb in the housing – see whether you can manage to dismantle as well as reassemble it correctly. You should also make sure whether any of the bulb connectors are firmly attached to the bulb. If this is the case and no screw is available to disconnect the power cable, you will have to cut the attached cable off. Then you can attach the connector to the new bulb either using metal hooks (if there are eyelets prepared on the new bulb) or using hollow crimping cable connectors provided the cables are also firmly attached to the new bulb.
- As you dismantle the old housing, check whether it is in good condition and suitable to reuse. You should also double check whether the housing shows the following signs of visible wear and tear:
- it has corroded connectors;
- it has melted in some places;
- the lamp is not held firmly in place;
- there is dust which is impossible to remove from hard to reach places.
- How do the various types of lamps differ? Which one should I choose?
- Why are projector lamps so expensive?
- What does a projector lamp consist of?
- Why do we have so many different lamp types in our e-shop?
- What is a lamp’s average lifespan?
- How can the lifespan of a projector lamp be extended?
- How long is the lamp warranty period?
We are here to help you
choose the right lamp!
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns
+420 910 055 666Contact me
If you already have all of the necessary info, simply choose the right one
Rapid Lamp Finder
Find your lamp in just 4 clicks