Timing of replacing the lamp
Replacing the lamp for EPSON EMP-TW700
- The message "Replace the lamp." appears on the screen when projection starts.
- The projected images get darker or start to deteriorate
- Press OFF or POWER to turn the power off, wait until the projector cools down, and then turn off the main power switch. Wait until the lamp cools down (takes approximately 1 hour).
- Remove the lamp cover.
- Loosen tha lamp fixing screws.
- Remove the old lamp. Put it out straight.
- Insert the new lamp. Make sure that it faces the correct way.
- Securely tighten the lamp fixing screws.
- Install the lamp cover.
Resetting the EPSON EMP-TW700 lamp timer
The lamp operationg time must always be reset after the lamp has been replaced with a new one. The projector has a built-in counter which keeps track of the lamp operating time. When the cumulative operating time reaches a certain point, it causes the replacement warning message to be displayed.
- Press ON to turn on the projector.
- Press MENU to display the configuration menu.
- Select “Reset Lamp Hours” from the “Reset” menu.
- Select YES and then press ↩.
Reading the indicators
Warning indicator is lit/off for 0.5 sec.
High internal temperature (overheating)
- it might mean either lamp problem, lamp on error or lamp cover open error. Check if the lamp for EPSON EMP-TW700 is broken and check the air filter. If the lamp isn’t broken, replace the lamp and then turn the power on. Check that the lamp and the lamp cover are securely installed. If the lamp is broke, contact you local dealer or service center.
High-speed cooling in progress
- the warning indicator is lit red. The lamp will switch off automatically and projection will stop. Wait for approximately 5 minutes. When the cooling fan stops, turn off the main power switch at the rear of the projector. Clean the air filters if they are blocked. If the projector is installed against the wall, leave a space of 20 cm. or more between it and the wall.
The warning indicator is flashing red (lit/off for 1 sec.)
- the warning indicator flashes orange. You can continue using the projector, but if the temperature rises again, it will switch off automatically.
- This behavior might have several reasons. Some of those are:
- Internal problem
- Fan problem
- Sensor problem
- Cinema filter problem
- Auto iris problem
Disconnect the power cable from the electrical outlet. Then contact your local dealer or service center.